Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Albany Batman Tweets Again: Crawdaddies Procured, and Cat Saved: Can I Has Superhero Status?

Today's adventure was much more epic than I thought it would be.



The story starts from this first tweet:

albanybatman: Found a cat. probably someones pet. likes tuna! must find its owner if it has one


 What a crazy day it has been. Continue reading if you wanna see what I mean.

In all actuality, the live-blog started yesterday when a real life mission fell into my hands; a cat followed ze Grif and his sister (ms. Grif?) back to our apartment, and we were convinced by how affectionate the cat was that it was someone's pet. Our arch-nemesis, Dave, kept trying to allure me to a secret pet that the landlord didn't have to know about, but I kept thinking that this cat was some little girl's only friend in the whole wide world, and taking away this cat would be like taking away Santa.

Dave asked me what we should name it, tormenting me, and I proclaimed "Fuck that. If you name it, you want to keep it." So, everybody in the house called it Fuck That the Cat.

At one point I even tried to lure the cat away from the house, thinking that the cat was from a neighboring house and that it was just looking for some attention. That didn't work out so well.

albanybatman: Thought we ditched the cat. came back and it ran off the porch to greet us. fml

We kept it in a box outside with a bowl of water and a blanket, fearing that we would claim it as our own if we put it in the house, and then called the animal shelter of Albany to see if we could give the cat a good shelter in case nobody claimed it. The message we left went to voicemail.

That next morning, while I'm still sleeping, ms. Grif gets a call from the shelter that a woman had lost her cat that sounded exactly like the one we found a week ago. ms. Grif had to leave so the contact information was given to ze Grif who proceeded to call the woman and tell her that the cat has been sleeping on our porch and she can pick it up whenever she wants. He had to make a quick phone call back to tell her that the cat disappeared sometime in the night.

albanybatman: Found cats owner but lost cat! off to play frisbee in batman disguise.

albanybatman: Fatigued from sickness. still no sign of cat. sad! 

A few hours passed, and we thought this saga had ended on a depressing note. On the way back from sickly frisbee, my batman ski-mask covered in snot, our arch-nemesis Dave was playing with Fuck That on the porch. While exercising, the cat had found Dave and followed him back to the apartment. ze Grif called the woman back and we promised that we wouldn't lose the cat again. We kept it inside, gave it another can of tuna, and now we await the owner's arrival. I really hope that she's this things owner. If not, I might try to make a hard sale and convince her to take it anyways because the cat is really adorable.

albanybatman: The cat returned! ze grif called its owner and left a voicemail. the cats name is meow. victory!

albanybatman: Actually the cats name is spelled maui, like my cat who passed away last summer. glad we could help someone

I actually wasn't sure if I would help anybody today as Albany Batman (by the way, I dropped the whole secret identity thing. You all know who I am already and its not like we have phone booths around where people become completely oblivious to who entered and who came out.)


When I'm not being Batman, I look like a smurf with a blue hat. 

After the cat escapade, I went to go get crawdads, as promised.

albanybatman: Albany batman is now on central on his way to hannifords and possibly popeyes?

albanybatman: Nvm i was on washington st. Now im on central

albanybatman: Ze grif said dont ass dont tell lol

albanybatman: At hannifords. got crayfish!

albanybatman: Passed the choc gecko on the way back

albanybatman: i'm back home. now i must clean my room and prepare to cook some of these delicious crawdaddies.

And that's that. I was thinking of taking a picture of the lady when she got here, telling her about my blog and her cat's inclusion in today's escapades. You know the ladies love a man with a blog.

On a final note before the conclusion (that's when the lady gets here at 9:00pm), if saving a cat from starvation and the harsh weather won't get me included in the World Superhero Registry, nothing will!

Update: It wasn't the ladies cat and she didn't contemplate adopting Fuck That. Second option, toss the cat onto our neighbors? But it has already moved inside... damnit!

No comments:

Post a Comment